The skin is a reflection of our health as well as our emotions. When the skin is healthy we radiate self-confidence which is one of the most important prerequisites for success. In spite of all that, nobody is immune to the appearance of persistent skin problems. That’s why it is important to combat their appearance effectively.
The most common skin problem world-wide is acne. It can appear at different parts of the skin, apart from the face where the skin is more sensitive it can also appear in the chest, the back, the neck, the shoulders and the upper part of the arms. Although the unpleasant red pimples are usually related to puberty it is possible for them to appear at a later stage in life. The good news is that with proper treatment and maintenance of the skin this problem can be prevented and kept under control.
The main factors which affect the appearance of acne are four:
- higher sebum secretion
- clogged pores
- increases bacterial growth
- skin inflammation
The products that effectively combat this problem don’t cause excessive dryness of the skin while reducing the sebum secretion, remove the dead cells, heal bacterial infection and soothe the present inflammation.
Of course medication is not the only solution to acne-prone skin. There are several simple but important steps through which you can reduce the appearance of the red pimples.
- 1. 7 to 8 hours of sleep are necessary for the skin to recover and heal the various types of damage caused during the day.
- 2. Reduce the use of sugar, flour and dairy products. The additional androgen hormone in white bread and cow milk can cause hormonal imbalance and lead to acne. Avoid sugar, nuts and carbonated drinks. If you can’t resist chocolate we have some good news-white chocolate is allowed. Avoid fried food.
- 3. Eat fruit rich in antioxidants (berries, pomegranate) which help the face and the body to quickly recuperate from the existing damage caused by acne.
- 4. Change the pillow cover every day to remove all bacteria and possible remnants of make-up on it.
- 5. Use cool and not too hot or too cold water when you clean your skin. Use non comedo-inducing cosmetic products. Do not touch the pimples- squeezing will only worsen things.
Types of acne treatment
- Medical treatment- it is recommended when acne appears to consult a dermatologist before you undertake anything.
The medical treatment depends on several factors-the type and severity of the acne and the skin type. It aim at combating the increased production of sebum, the excessive thickening of the stratum layer, the spread of bacteria and the inflammation.
This type of treatment can be directly applied to the skin in the form of gels and creams (in milder cases of acne) and in pill form (antibiotics) which is prescribed in more severe cases. With this treatment it is recommended to use hydrating cream as strong medication usually dries up the skin.
- The use of anti-acne cosmetic products-they can be used both independently and in conjunction with medical treatment.
It is important to choose products which are appropriate for your skin type. If you can’t decide don’t hesitate to ask your doctor or dermatologist.
The products you can use are soothing (they don’t increase the oil in the skin, they don’t cause comedos to appear) and enriching ( they help prevention of factors which lead to the appearance of acne.
It is extremely important before you apply any kind of product to clean the skin thoroughly. Otherwise inflammation may occur in the more tender parts of the face. With acne-prone skin the cleansing of the skin must be done with a gentle cleansing product which does not contain soap or alcohol. Our suggestion for you is BILE GD Anti-Acne Gel Wash.
After cleansing it is a good idea to apply anti-acne tonic against and when it is absorbed by the skin to apply anti-acne cream. We recommend BILE-GD Anti-Acne Toner.
Rose Water also soothes inflamed skin. You can apply rose water in the morning an in the evening on clean skin.
The use of BILE GD Anticeptic Anti-Acne Concealer has two advantages- it covers the pimples while at the same time works towards their disappearance.
Whatever the treatment is, you need to have a lot of patience. Acne is persistent and it is usual for a whole month to pass before any improvement is visible. The most common reason for failed treatment is that people give up on the treatment because they don’t see fast improvement.